- Do you have a toddler or preschooler who has separation anxiety or extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums?
- Do you have a school age child with peer issues, learning problems or mood swings?
- Is your teen struggling with behavioral, academic, social or emotional issues?
- Are you struggling with relationship difficulties, anxiety or depression?
- Did you recently lose someone you love or are you going through a divorce?
Parenting any child can be difficult, but when a child or teenager has extreme mood swings, separation anxiety, sleep issues, academic problems, or behavioral issues, parenting is exhausting. Many of our parent clients say that while they love their children, they feel so overwhelmed by their child’s behaviors that they do not experience the joy of parenthood. Other adults struggle with isolation, anxiety, depression and feeling "stuck" in their own lives. If you are feeling overwhelmed and confused for yourself or as a parent, therapy can help you cope, adapt, heal and move forward.
Whether you are seeking therapy for yourself, your child, or you and your partner, we will work in collaboration with you to determine your immediate and long-term goals and develop a plan for change based on your unique needs. We use a warm and nonjudgmental approach to understand and assist you in resolving the difficulties you are experiencing.
Throughout therapy, we provide you with specific tools to help you understand your challenges, facilitate coping, parenting and other skills, and help you develop new ways to adapt and change in response to your difficult life situation. When working with families, we pay close attention to each family member's needs and developmental issues. We will enhance your strengths and self-esteem, which is critical to moving forward.
As we work together, we can facilitate a deeper understanding of your life challenges, and enable you to achieve the success you are striving for.